Focusing on the academic, social and personal development of all students.
2020 Kindergarten Enrollment
The district is currently accepting kindergarten enrollments for the 2020-21 school year. Families may register for the 2020-21 academic year in the following ways:
- Online enrollment - Enroll on the appropriate online enrollment link below:
- Current families (those who already have student/s enrolled in the district), click here.
- Brand new families (those who do not already have students enrolled in the district), click here.
- Find instructions and a live link into the enrollment process here.
- For assistance, email email@example.com.
- Paper Kindergarten enrollment packet - Find the enrollment packet here as a PDF. Print off the forms, complete them, and return them to the Centralized Enrollment Office (District Center, 4855 Bloom Avenue, White Bear Lake) or any district elementary school.
For additional information or assistance, please call the district's Centralized Enrollment Office at 651-407-7674.
- Para Español por favor llame al 651-407-7625.
- Xav tau ntawv Hmoob hu rau 651-407-7623.
2020 Welcome to White Bear
Welcome to White Bear Week: Jan. 6-10, 2020
Kindergarten Information Nights:
- Birch Lake Elementary - 6 p.m. on Jan. 9, 2020
- Hugo Elementary (paired with Oneka Elementary) - 6 p.m. on Jan. 9, 2020
- Lakeaires Elementary - 5:30 p.m. on Jan. 9, 2020
- Lincoln Elementary - 6 p.m. on Jan. 7, 2020
- Matoska International IB World School -5:30 p.m. on Jan. 9, 2020
- Otter Lake Elementary - 5:30 p.m. on Jan. 9, 2020
- Vadnais Heights Elementary - 5:30 p.m. on Jan. 9, 2020
- Willow Lane Elementary - 5:30 p.m. on Jan. 9, 2020
If the opportunities listed above do not work in your family’s schedule, please contact any of our schools directly to set up an individual tour or ask any questions.
Students have a chance to meet the kindergarten teachers and tour the school at these interactive evening events hosted at all district elementary schools in April of 2020.
Find additional information about our Kindergarten and Elementary offerings here.
The White Bear Lake Area Schools offer a choice of K-5 programs:
- The Full-Day, Every-Day Kindergarten option is a free kindergarten program offered at all elementary schools in the District.
- Matoska International IB World School is a program offered to all students in the White Bear Lake Area School District. The program is an International Baccalaureate (IB) world school. The District provides transportation from any point in the school district for students enrolled at this school. Learn more at the Matoska International website.
The nine elementary schools in the White Bear Lake Area School District serves students in kindergarten through 5th grades. Children are eligible to be enrolled in the White Bear Lake Area Public Schools if their legal address is within the boundaries of the school district. To enroll a child in kindergarten, he/she must be five years of age on or before September 1.
For more information about elementary schools and their curricula, call the Office of Teaching and Learning at (651) 407-7568.
Standards approved by the Minnesota Department of Education and the Legislature. (All are in PDF format and require Adobe Reader)