Focusing on the academic, social and personal development of all students.
2021 Kindergarten Enrollment
The district is currently accepting kindergarten enrollments for the 2021-22 school year. Families may register for the 2021-22 academic year in the following ways:
- Online enrollment - Enroll on the appropriate online enrollment link below:
- Current families (those who already have student/s enrolled in the district), click here.
- Brand new families (those who do not already have students enrolled in the district), click here.
- Find instructions and a live link into the enrollment process here.
- For assistance, email email@example.com.
- Paper Kindergarten enrollment packet - Find the enrollment packet here as a PDF. Print off the forms, complete them, and return them to the Centralized Enrollment Office (District Center, 4855 Bloom Avenue, White Bear Lake) or any district elementary school.
- Non-Resident Kindergarten Enrollment - White Bear Lake Area Schools accepts open enrollment, with district placement based upon availability. If you would prefer to complete a paper enrollment, you can fill out this enrollment packet.
For additional information or assistance, please call the district's Centralized Enrollment Office at 651-407-7674.
- Para Español por favor llame al 651-407-7625.
- Xav tau ntawv Hmoob hu rau 651-407-7623.
2021 Welcome to White Bear
Welcome to White Bear Week: Jan. 11-15, 2021
Kindergarten Information Sessions:
Our elementary principals and kindergarten teams will host virtual tours/meets with small groups of families during the windows of times listed below. Each virtual meet will last approximately 30 minutes.
- 10-11:30 a.m. rolling-schedule virtual tours Jan. 12 and Jan. 14 for all elementary schools
- 6-7:30 p.m. rolling-schedule virtual tours on the following days:
- Jan. 11 for Matoska International
- Jan. 12 for Lakeaires and Lincoln
- Jan. 13 for Vadnais Heights
- Jan. 14 for Birch Lake, Hugo, Matoska, Otter Lake and Willow Lane
Online links to reserve spots on virtual tours/meets are available at the buttons below:
If the opportunities listed above do not work in your family’s schedule, please contact any of our schools directly to set up an individual tour or ask any questions.
Students will have a chance to meet the kindergarten teachers and tour their schools at in-person events planned at the district’s elementary buildings later this spring.
Find additional information about our Kindergarten and Elementary offerings here.
The White Bear Lake Area Schools offer a choice of K-5 programs:
- The Full-Day, Every-Day Kindergarten option is a free kindergarten program offered at all elementary schools in the District.
- Matoska International IB World School is a program offered to all students in the White Bear Lake Area School District. The program is an International Baccalaureate (IB) world school. The District provides transportation from any point in the school district for students enrolled at this school. Learn more at the Matoska International website.
White Bear Lake Area Schools is currently offering In-Person Learning, with a Full Distance Learning option for those who choose it, for all students K-12+. Regardless of which learning model offered, we are committed to providing an engaging, equitable and quality learning experience for each student.
Find additional information at the COVID-19 Info & Dashboard page. District plans will continue to be updated as the situation evolves.
The nine elementary schools in the White Bear Lake Area School District serves students in kindergarten through 5th grades. Children are eligible to be enrolled in the White Bear Lake Area Public Schools if their legal address is within the boundaries of the school district. To enroll a child in kindergarten, he/she must be five years of age on or before September 1.
For more information about elementary schools and their curricula, call the Office of Teaching and Learning at (651) 407-7568.
Standards approved by the Minnesota Department of Education and the Legislature. (All are in PDF format and require Adobe Reader)