Offering nutritious meals and snacks to serve the school community.
Proper nutrition is fundamental for the success of academic programs. We follow nutrition standards to help fight hunger and obesity.
FREE Meal pick-up
Free meal pick-ups will continue to be available for any child 18 and under who is not receiving meals with in-person learning. In-person learners will have breakfast and lunch available to them on-site at no cost.
Meal pick-up times and locations:
- Wednesday morning pick-up from 10:30-11 a.m. at Hugo Elementary School (14895 Francesca Avenue North, Hugo)
- Please note: Hugo Elementary meal pick-up is in the West Parking Lot, at the Northwest corner of the school
- Wednesday evening pick-up from 4:30-5:30 p.m. at WBLAHS - North Campus (5045 Division Ave, White Bear Lake).
- Friday morning pick-up options from 9:30-10:30 a.m. at the following locations:
- WBLAHS - North Campus (5045 Division Ave, White Bear Lake)
- WBLAHS - South Campus (3551 McKnight Rd, White Bear Lake)
- It is important that all families remember to pre-order meals each week using the Meal Order Form for distance learning pick-up so Nutrition Services staff know what to prepare. Meals are available for ALL children 18 and under.
- March 3rd and 5th - will be a two week meal-pick up at all locations
- March 10th and 12th - No meal pick-up due to Spring Break
NOTICE: Free school meals (breakfast and lunch) through June 2021
The USDA has extended free school meals through the school year.
Reasons why you should take advantage of the free school meals being offered:
- It extends your food budget and saves you time prepping meals
- It’s comforting and familiar to your kids to have food from school
- It’s confidential and not only for low-income families
- You’re helping the local food service program stay financially afloat
- You’re helping the food program use up food inventory = less waste
You are not taking meals away from someone who needs it more.
Please complete this Meal Order Form to sign up for take-home or distance learning meals.
On-site meals do not require sign up.
Free or reduced applications
Even though free meals are available to all for this school year, it is still very important that families who may qualify for free or reduced-price meals complete the meal application as soon as possible.
The meal applications not only qualify your family for free meal benefits, but also provide additional benefits that may include discounts for: internet access, college application fees, sports/activities fees, and AP test registration fees.
Civil Rights Statement: