Equity Action Plan
Creating educational equity for all students.
As the District works toward creating educational equity for all students within our district, this year we have worked on a year-long process to create on an Equity Action Plan.
An important component of the Equity Action Plan process has been to use findings from the Equity Audit that was presented to the School Board in July of 2020. Find a report of the audit here.
We appreciate the commitment and willingness of students, parents/guardians, staff, and community members to help us create the district's first-ever Equity Action Plan (EAP). This team will help us to advance systemwide equity initiatives and commitment, with our work guided by and supporting our 5-year district Strategic Plan.
The following equity-related updates/actions have also taken place at School Board meetings:
- October 26, 2020 - Discussion of New Course Proposals (including US History through Ethnic Study lens)
- November 9, 2020 - Action on New Course Proposals (including US History through Ethnic Study lens)
- Feb 22, 2021 - BARR Update
- April 12, 2021 - Updates to Policy 417: Chemical Use and Abuse and Policy 522: Student Sex Nondiscrimination (Title IX)
- August 9, 2021 - Academic Programming Update
- November 8, 2021 - Update to Policy 514: Bullying Prevention (addition of explicit language against hate speech)
- Jan 10, 2022 - Update to Policy 504: Student Dress and Appearance
- March 28, 2022 - Action on Resolution Supporting Commitment to Equity and Inclusion
- April 25, 2022: Summer Programs
- July 11, 2022: Policy 413: Harassment and Violence (addition of Addendum B: Responding to a Racial and Biased Harm Protocol and Addendum C: Administrative Guidelines for Transgender and Gender-Expansive Student Rights and Protections)