Requests for SpEd Forms access can be directed to David Thomas: email@example.com
White Bear Lake Area Schools provides a comprehensive program for students with disabilities. Services are provided to students who range in age from birth through high school, with some students receiving services until age 22.
From early intervention to community-based vocational training, students are provided a quality, individualized education program (IEP) in the least restrictive environment. Each school has a special education team that provides services to students with exceptional needs.
Mission for Special Education
White Bear Lake Area School's Mission for Special Education is to meet individual needs of students with disabilities through partnerships that promote life-long learning, independence and self-advocacy.
- Everyone has the right to be valued and respected.
- Students with unique needs are entitled to equitable educational opportunities provided through a range of appropriate adaptations, services and programs.
- Accountability for student growth and development requires shared responsibility across home, school and community settings.
- Successful student focused transitions are driven by clear communication, shared knowledge and on-going support.
- In promoting life skills and academics that will enable students to live, work and participate in the community.
Lisa Ouren, Director of Student Support Services
Kristen Johnson, Assistant Director of Student Support Services
Birch Lake, Lakeaires, Matoska, North Star, Vadnais Heights, Willow Lane
Sara Derby, Assistant Director of Student Support Services
Transition Plus, Project SEARCH, TAPP, AWARE, South Campus, ALC, Insight
Angela Drange, Assistant Director of Student Support Services
Normandy Park, District Wide ECSE Programs
David Thomas, Student Support Services Coordinator
Oneka, Lincoln, Central Middle
Katy Domschot, Student Support Services Coordinator
Otter Lake, Sunrise Park Middle, North Campus