Middle School Curriculum
Our middle schools challenge our students to become:
- inquiring, lifelong learners with the skills to succeed in the interconnected world of the 21st century
- engaged citizens who take action in their local, national, and global communities
- compassionate, respectful, and persevering young people
Within a caring environment that supports students' academic, social, and emotional needs, students are challenged to see the connections between learning and the world around them.
For more information about middle schools and their curricula, call the Office of Teaching and Learning at (651) 407-7568.
What's New in Middle School?
We have made some exciting changes to middle school classes! Students will have more time for literacy, fewer transitions, and an option to earn high school credit for World Languages. Here are the changes for each grade:
Check out this video for more information.
Overview of Middle School Curriculum
We strive to achieve our mission through a rigorous curriculum that adheres to the Minnesota Academic Standards. Click on the subject areas below for more information on specific academic standards.
- Arts (Music and Visual Arts)
- Design (Project Lead the Way Pre-Engineering Courses)
- English Language Arts
- Family & Consumer Science
- Physical Education
- Social Studies
- World Languages
Arts (Music and Visual Arts)
Design (Project Lead the Way Pre-Engineering Courses)
English Language Arts
Family & Consumer Science
Standards approved by the Minnesota Department of Education and the Legislature. (All are in PDF format and require Adobe Reader)