Strategic Plan & Mission
Writing the District's story with the help of students, guardians, staff and community members through Strategic Planning.
At the August 8, 2022 Regular Meeting, the White Bear Lake Area School Board heard an update of the District's Strategic Planning process and approved four updated strategies:
- We will create and sustain a safe, equitable and nurturing environment.
- We will promote, encourage and support students' personal learning experiences and aspirations.
- We will ensure our organization continuously transforms to fulfill our mission.
- We will establish healthy and vital engagement with our entire community.
The Board action comes after a committee consisting of approximately 30 community members and school district representatives gathered in June to examine the District’s Strategic Plan. The planning team affirmed the Strategic Plans' beliefs, objectives, mission, and parameters. The group also considered the concept of strategic emergence as it developed new strategies that will be the District's focus moving forward.
The next step in the process involves forming Action Teams, which will develop action plans for each of the four new strategies listed above. The first meeting with all Action Teams will be from 6-8 p.m on Tuesday, September 20, 2022. Additional meetings will take place from 6-8 p.m. on the following list of Wednesdays: 9/28, 10/5, 10/12, and 10/26. To sign up to volunteer for a Strategic Emergence Action Team, please click here.
The 30-member planning team will reconvene in November and updates will be provided to the School Board in late-November and December.
The district’s Strategic Plan was most recently updated in 2019, after a full process with more than 200 volunteers that took place during the 2017-18 academic year.
The mission of the White Bear Lake Area School District, the community at the forefront of educational excellence, honoring our legacy and courageously building the future, is to ensure each student realizes their unique talents and abilities, and makes meaningful contributions with local and global impact through a vital system distinguished by:
- Students who design and create their own future
- A culture that respects diverse people and ideas
- Safe, nurturing and inspiring experiences
- Exceptional staff and families committed to student success
- Abundant and engaged community partners
Site-Level Strategic Plans
During the 2018-19 academic year, each building and program replicated the process to create site-level strategic plans linked below.