School Board Policy 902 Addendum A -
Priority for Scheduling School District Facilities and Equipment
Adopted: november 11, 1996
REVISED: june 11, 2001
revised: may, 2005
Revised: May 13, 2013
revised: october 13, 2014
revised: july 16, 2018
Political caucuses, and federal, state, municipal and school district elections, as required by law.
District activities, including curricular, extracurricular and Community Education, have priority use of school facilities and equipment.
School PTA/PTO events.
Activities sponsored by other groups or organizations shall be scheduled as time and space permit on a first come, first served basis subject to the terms of these guidelines.
Applications for District 624 building usage are placed into one of the following fee categories:
No room rental fee will be charged for:
meetings or facility use for any school activity;
student meetings qualifying under District Policy 801; and
political caucuses, federal, state, municipal and school district elections, as required by law.
Community Group Events
No permit fee or room rental fee for classrooms, conference rooms, gymnasiums, and/or the theaters shall be required for in-district nonprofit community groups, including: youth groups, youth service organizations, adult groups made up of at least 90% residents of the District, and groups in established partnerships with the District as defined in Policy 999. However, all groups must pay the rental fee outlined in the cost scale below (see Section E) for the use of the following: Indoor ice rinks, theater production equipment, and kitchen areas. As used herein, non-profit means an entity exempt from state/federal income taxes.
All Other Events
Any organization or activity not covered by the definitions above is subject to a rental and permit fee, according to the cost scale. (See section E).
A. Procedures for Scheduling Activities Use of facilities shall be granted for programs or activities which are of an educational, cultural, civic or recreational nature and are suited to the requested facility.
- School District Sponsored Activities
School district sponsored after-school, evening and weekend activities are scheduled with the Community Services office prior to June 1st for the following school year. School calendars shall be submitted to Community Services by June 1st. School activities scheduled after June 1st are subject to space availability. School activities must be scheduled before space allocations can be made for community use. Community group applications received prior to August 1st may be kept pending until the school activities have been scheduled.
- Applications for Use
All applicants must make arrangements to use facilities through the Community Services office. Requests must be made at least seven (7) days prior to date of use. An application form will be provided to indicate the facilities, equipment and personnel required. All applications received in the Community Services Office are dated and processed according to priority and handled as promptly as possible. When an application is approved by the Director of Community Services or designee, a facility reservation permit is issued to the applicant and distributed to the appropriate school personnel. Outdoor facilities will be scheduled through the same process as indoor facilities. Community Services will work with the High School Activities Director and the Building Operations Department to determine areas that are suitable for community use. Community use of designated outdoor facilities may be restricted based on criteria determined by Community Services, the Activities Director, and Building Operations. All White Bear Lake Area School District fields will be evaluated yearly to determine seasonal availability. Principals shall schedule all daytime school activities for which permits are not necessary. Permits are required for after-school and weekend use of all school space.
- Facility Use Permits
a. Permits will be issued to organizations/groups upon compliance with the rules for application. White Bear Lake Area School Board Policy 902 Addendum A 902 Addendum A
(1) Permits are not transferable and are restricted to the stated dates and hours.
(2) Changes, additions or cancellations must be scheduled through the Community Services Office. Amended permits will be sent to the applicant and district personnel involved.
b. Permits are issued for a specific area and include access to the nearest drinking fountain and lavatories.
c. Only equipment specified on the permit will be made available to the user.
d. Organizations/groups using their own equipment must get prior approval and remove the equipment immediately after the use. The district will not assume liability in connection with the use or, loss of or damage to the organization's equipment.
e. The email distribution of each permit notification will be as follows:
- Group supervisor
- Community Services Office
- Building principal, administrative assistant and head custodian
- Notification may be sent to others as needed.
a. When White Bear Lake Area Schools are closed due to inclement weather or building emergencies, all facility reservation permits are canceled.
b. Facility Reservation permits for scheduled community events may be canceled to accommodate unforeseen events or emergency changes of school functions. If such a conflict occurs, every effort will be made to relocate activities and keep cancellations to a minimum.
- All activities must be under competent and responsible adult supervision, with the organization/group using the facilities assuming full responsibility for any damage.
- School personnel on duty (custodian or building supervisor) will monitor the operation of facilities, but are not required to supervise the group or its activities. White Bear Lake Area School Board Policy 902 Addendum A 902 Addendum A
- Organizations using kitchen facilities must hire a district nutrition service employee to supervise food preparation in conformance with recognized health department standards.
- Outdoor activities may require district grounds staff to be in attendance.
- 1. Permit holder is responsible for any and all damages to the school district property caused by acts and omissions of permit holders personnel and invitees. Each party agrees to accept full responsibility for its own negligence and actions.
- 2. Permit holders agree to release indemnify and hold harmless ISD 624 from any and all claims, demands, suits, actions or liabilities resulting from injuries or death to any persons, or damage or loss of any property, arising from or alleged to arise from users’ performance of this permit/contract.
- 3. Permit users may be required to provide a certificate of insurance for its commercial general liability insurance policy, which certificate shall name ISD 624 as an additional insured. Policy shall provide that is has a minimum limit of $1,500,000 per occurrence and a minimum annual aggregate limit of $3,000,000. 4. If a permitted group brings in its own equipment, the district assumes no liability in connection with the use, loss or damage of that equipment.
D. Rules for Use of School Facilities
The following rules must be observed by all organizations/groups. Failure to do so may be grounds for cancellation of the Facility Reservation permit and denial of future facility use.
1. School district facilities may not be used for illegal purposes. All school buildings and grounds are tobacco and electronic cigarette free. Any use or possession of tobacco on school property is prohibited by law.
2. Alcohol and illegal chemicals cannot be available or consumed on school district property as prohibited by law.
4. Weapons and firearms in any form are not allowed on school district property except for authorized instructional programs and by authorized law enforcement personnel.
5. Meetings/activities must be confined to areas reserved in advance.
6. Disorderly conduct of any kind is prohibited and may result in ejection from school facilities.
7. If deemed necessary by district administration, law enforcement supervision may be required and charged to the user.
8. Damage to facilities or equipment must be reported immediately to authorized school personnel and the Community Services Office.
9. No one shall operate motorized recreational vehicles on school property except as part of a class authorized by the school district or if pre-approved by the superintendent as part of a special school district or community program or event.
10. Flammable substances may not be used within school buildings unless they meet State Fire Marshall regulations.
11. Areas used must be left in an orderly condition. If additional cleaning is required following the use of facilities, an additional charge for personnel costs shall be added to the facility use fee. If no rental fee was charged, groups are still responsible for personnel charges.
E. Costs Schedule for School District Facilities
Rental fees are based on a two hour minimum with charges assessed proportionately thereafter. Groups will be charged an additional amount for building supervision, custodial services, and technology services when needed exclusively for that event. Any facility not listed is subject to a rental fee as approved by school district administration. Rental fees for school district facilities are based on the following schedule:
|Facility||Nonprofit outside of district||For-profit|
|Classrooms||$15 per hour||$27 per hour|
|Conference Rooms||$20 per hour||$36 per hour|
|• Secondary & Oneka||$40 per hour||$90 per hour|
|• Secondary & Oneka 1/2 large gym||$30 per hour||$45 per hour|
|• Secondary Small gym||$20 per hour||$25 per hour|
|• Elementary Large gym||$30 per hour||$54 per hour|
|• Elementary Small gym||$20 per hour||$36 per hour|
|Hippodrome Ice Arena|
|• WBLAHA & District nonprofits||N/A||$75 per hour|
|• For-profit and out of district nonprofits||N/A||$100 per hour|
|• Dry Floor Rental||N/A||$45 per hour|
|• South Campus||$90 per hour||$180 per hour|
|• Stadium Lights||$15 per hour|
|District Auditoriums||$65 per hour||$90 per hour|
|• Theatre packages: Review Section G||N/A||$150-$1500 package rate|
|• District Technician||N/A||$30 per hour|
|Cafeteria (no kitchen)|
|• South, North, Central, Sunrise, Oneka||$30 per hour||$54 per hour|
|• All others||$20 per hour||$36 per hour|
KITCHEN * See Sectin F: Nutrition Services Information
F. Nutrition Services Information
Any use of an I.S.D. #624 kitchen facility must be arranged through the School Nutrition Services Office, 651-407-7524. Any rental of an I.S.D. #624 kitchen facility must include a Nutrition Services Employee on site for the duration of the event or a minimum of two hours whichever is greater. The Nutrition Services Employee will supervise the operation of equipment and use of kitchen facilities.
G. District Theatre Information
Any use of District Theatre is subject to charges based on the needs of the groups. Groups will work through Community Services and District Technician to determine which package is appropriate.
Package 1- $150.00 Basic audio and lights. Includes sound system with choice of 2 lapel or handheld wireless mics. Podium available upon request. Additional mics will be $25/ mic up to 4 mics total. This package also includes use of projector system, which includes projector and screen with a laptop for use during presentations. This package requires user training to operate equipment. Training time over 1 hour will be billed at an additional $30/hour. Video and audio files for the event must be obtained no later than 24 hours before event takes place. Technicians available upon request. A cost of $30/hour per technician will be billed if needed during the event.
Package 2- $500.00 Includes all from small package. Includes 2 audio monitors onstage upon request. Includes a max of 6 wireless mics. Also includes cyclorama curtain with color washes for background ambience. Video and audio files for the event must be obtained no later than 24 hours before event takes place. Technician time is billed in addition at a rate of $30/hour. Available only at District Theatre and North Campus Theatre.
Package 3- $1,500.00 Lighting and audio package including color stage washes, cyc curtain, haze machine, 2 technicians (12 hours each included), 8 wireless mics. Additional mics $25 per mic up to 12 maximum. Also includes option to rear project onto cyc curtain for presentations or background scenery projection. Video and audio files for the event must be obtained no later than 24 hours before event takes place. Available only at District Theatre and North Campus Theatre. After 12 hours, hourly rate of $60 for two technicians.
Prices subject to change.
Package options are based on equipment availability.
All technology requests must be approved and finalized 2 weeks prior to event date.