Welcome to Kindergarten
2017-18 Enrollment Process
The district has implemented an online enrollment process for incoming 2017-18 Kindergarten families. Please select from the links below to begin the enrollment process:
- Families who do already have student/s enrolled in the district (inc. early childhood enrollment), click here.
- Families who do not already have students enrolled in the district, click here.
- Find instructions and a live link into the enrollment process here.
- Encuentre videos en Espaniol piquele a la linea de abajo.
- Como encontrar Instruciones en Spaniol para inscribir a otro miembro.
- Saib thiab mloog lus Hmoob qhia txog sau menyuam npe kawm ntawv ntawm no.
- Muaj lus Hmoob qhia rau ntawm no.
Enrollment Process webcasts will soon be added to this website that will describe the online enrollment process in English, Spanish and Hmong.
In-person enrollment is also available at our Centralized Enrollment Center (District Center, 4855 Bloom Avenue, White Bear Lake) or at any District elementary school. Find the 2017-18 Kindergarten Enrollment packet here
. For additional detail or for printed enrollment materials, please call 651-407-7674.
Welcome to White Bear!
Check in at the school offices during Welcome to White Bear Week (Jan. 9-13) at the times listed below to join tours and learn about the elementary and District program offerings:
- 10 a.m. tours at all elementary schools on Jan. 9 and Jan. 11
- 6 p.m. tours on the following days/locations:
- Jan. 9 at Lincoln
- Jan. 10 at Willow Lane, Otter Lake, Birch Lake, Oneka and Lakeaires
- Jan. 11 at Hugo and Vadnais Heights
- Jan. 12 at Matoska
District-wide Kindergarten Registration Night: 5:30 p.m. Thursday, Jan. 19 at all elementary schools - This in-depth session offers parents of future kindergartners an opportunity to learn more about the District's kindergarten curriculum and programs, ask questions, visit a kindergarten classroom and register their child for kindergarten.
If the opportunities listed above do not work in your family's schedule, please contact any of our schools directly to set up an individual tour or ask any questions.
For our Neighborhood Schools, students live within designated attendance boundaries that cover all areas in the White Bear Lake Area School District. You may confirm your neighborhood school assignment at the District map, or by contacting the District Enrollment Center at 651-407-7674. You may choose a school outside your neighborhood attendance area, but normally you would need to provide transportation for your student. In addition, all White Bear Lake Area Schools are open to students from outside the school district under the provisions of the State of Minnesota open enrollment laws. We welcome any families interested in our schools to contact us for more information.
The White Bear Lake Area Schools offer a choice of K-5 programs:
- The Full-Day, Every-Day Kindergarten option is a free kindergarten program offered at all elementary schools in the District.
- Matoska International IB World School is a program offered to all students in the White Bear Lake Area School District. The program is an International Baccalaureate (IB) world school. The District provides transportation from any point in the school district for students enrolled at this school. Learn more at their website.
Elementary World Language is offered K-5 at all White Bear Lake Area Schools. Vadnais Heights and Lincoln Elementary Schools offer K-5 students Chinese, and Spanish is taught K-5 to students at the remaining district elementary sites. Hear what parents and students have to say about the program in this video.
Elementary Art lessons are offered to all district elementary students. In addition to their classroom-based art lessons, students receive watercolor, drawing, and fabric-based lessons from professional artists through a partnership with White Bear Center for the Arts. See an informational video about the art lessons here.
Elementary Orchestra began being offered to all of the district's fifth grade students in 2015-16,with planned expansion through the middle and high school levels in the coming years. See an informational video about the program here.