Mission of White Bear Lake Area Schools
The mission of the White Bear Lake Area School District, the community at the forefront of educational excellence, honoring our legacy and courageously building the future, is to ensure each student realizes their unique talents and abilities, and makes meaningful contributions with local and global impact through a vital system distinguished by:
School Community Core Values
- Students who design and create their own future
- Diversity of people and ideas
- Safe, nurturing and inspiring environments
- Exceptional staff and families committed to student success
- Abundant and engaged community partners
- We will understand the circumstances and viewpoints of others.
- We will develop the capacity to forgive others and ourselves.
- We will celebrate the contributions of others.
- We will promote a peaceful, caring and safe community.
- We will stand up for what we believe.
- We will be honest with ourselves and others.
- We will demonstrate fairness in our judgments and actions.
- We will fulfill commitments and promises.
- We will believe in the inherent dignity of all people.
- We will celebrate individuality.
- We will value and appreciate diversity.
- We will honor self and others through words and actions.
- We will take ownership of our behavior as individuals.
- We will have the courage to think and act independently.
- We will demonstrate problem solving and decision-making skills.
- We will be reliable and trustworthy.
District Strategic Planning
- We will find positive ways to contribute to the broader community.
- We will share time and talents with others.
- We will take an active role in service opportunities in the school and community.
- We will celebrate involvement in service.
The District participated in a strategic planning process with community members, students, parents and District staff members during the 2010-11 academic year. During the 2017-18 academic year, more than 200 participants were involved with the updated Strategic Planning process, which was approved by the School Board on April 9, 2018. Find information here