Our transportation system is large and complex, accommodating almost 8,000 students each morning and again each afternoon on a fleet of over 70 buses.
Cooperation is necessary among students, bus drivers, bus mechanics, administrators, instructors, parents and motorists in order to provide the safest transportation possible. School bus safety is everyone's concern. The responsibility for safe, reliable transportation is shared when all who are involved work together as part of "The School Bus Safety Team."
The purpose of this website is to share pertinent information concerning school bus safety with you- the students, parents and other concerned citizens of District #624. The information conforms to the laws and regulations of the State of Minnesota. We hope this information will help all members of "The School Bus Safety Team" provide the safest school transportation system possible.
During the first few weeks of school students will receive SCHOOL BUS SAFETY TRAINING.
A student shall be able to demonstrate knowledge and understanding of at least the following competencies and concepts:
Safety Dave's Top 10 Safety Tips
Bus Driver Training & Requirements
IT IS A PRIVILEGE, NOT A RIGHT, TO RIDE THE BUS!
- transportation by school bus is a privilege not a right;
- district policies for student conduct and school bus safety;
- appropriate conduct while on a bus;
- the danger zones surrounding a school bus;
- procedures for safely boarding and leaving as school bus;
- procedures for safe street crossing; and
- school bus evacuation and other emergency procedures.